|Build Version: 237|
|PC, iOS, Android|
|June 20, 2019 (public beta)|
|Strategy, Auto Chess|
Dota Underlords is a new stand-alone game that pits you against seven opponents in a battle of wits that will have you building, combining, and leveling-up a crew in a battle of dominance for the city of White Spire. In this game, victory is determined not by twitch reflexes, but by superior tactics.
History[edit | edit source]
Much like Dota 2, which is a sequel to a popular game mode, Dota Underlords started as a modification of an existing title. Auto Chess was released on January 4, 2019 as a a custom game mode for Dota 2, playable in the game client through the Arcade feature. The game mode became very popular, and Dota 2 developer Valve reached out to the game mode's developer, Drodo Studio, in hopes of acquiring the rights to the game mode. The two could not reach an agreement, bringing about the creation of two stand-alone titles: Auto Chess by Drodo Studio, to be released on mobile devices and through a partnership with Epic Games, and Dota Underlords, developed and published by Valve.
Planned features[edit | edit source]
“We have in our plans:
- Four Underlords to choose from. Choose an Underlord persona from our ever-expanding roster that fits your play style. With unique gameplay-affecting changes, there's an Underlord for everyone.
- Ranked Matchmaking. Everyone starts at the bottom, but by playing against other Underlords you'll climb through the ranks and prove you're the right person to rule White Spire.
- Battle Pass. This will introduce progression, cosmetics, custom boards, and a host of other new features to the Dota Underlords experience.
- Seasonal Rotations. Every season we'll say goodbye to certain Heroes, Items, and Alliances to make room for new additions that will shape the ever-evolving world of Dota Underlords.
- Tournament-Ready. Create your own private lobbies and matches, then invite spectators to watch the Underlords' crews duke it out.
- Daily challenges!
- Levels and rewards!
- Customizable banners and other flair!
As mentioned above, we will be adding features on a regular cadence leading up to Season One release.”
Game support[edit | edit source]
This wiki does not provide technical support for Dota Underlords. For support, please contact Valve.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Defense_of_the_Ancients Dota, or Defense of the Ancients, was a mod of Warcraft 3
- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613886175 Auto Chess as it is listed in the Steam Workship
- http://blog.dota2.com/2019/05/dota-auto-chess/ Valve's press release about meeting with Drodo Studio